I moved Sharepoint to the “data” drive yesterday. I found the instructions in a mailing list. I fumbled through the instructions but got it done. You gotta do what they tell you to do not what you think they meant. Oops!
The basic instructions are:
- Stop the sharepoint website.
- Go into OSQL and run a procedure to detach the database and config.
- Copy the two databases and correspponding log files to the new location. Fix the NTFS permissions on the new directories.
- Re-attach the databases and log files.
- Start the website and test.
While I was in the SQL Server Enterprise manager I went ahead and ran the Database maintenance plan. I am not sure how you can promote Sharepoint without a Database maintenance plan. Hmm!