Today I finally got Sharepoint installed and working. Here was the plan.
- Stop the Sharepoint database with NET STOP mssql$sharepoint.
- From the Add or Remove Programs, remove Sharepoint.
- From the Add or Remove Programs, remove the MSDE instance of sharepoint.
- Install a new instance of SQL Server called SHAREPOINT using the Premium cdrom. When it asks, change the default disk location. Ignore warning message about SQL and Windows 2003.
- Apply SQL Service Pack 3a to the new instance.
- Start the database.
- Run STSV2 and pick the server farm option. It tells you that you will have to manually extend the site after the installation completes. I got an error at the end complaining about FrontPage extensions on the default server.
- Go into Sharepoint Central Administration and extend the companyweb site. I used the DefaultAppPool with Network Service.
- Pick a site template.
I verified my installation by saving a document into Sharepoint and then bringing it back up. It knew who I was and did not ask me for a logon.