This is a Cannellini version of Real Simple’s recipe, Braised Chicken With Leeks, Peas, and Butter Beans. I substituted Cannellini beans since I had beans on the shelf. With chicken thighs at 99¢ per pound at Sams Club, this meal is delicious and inexpensive.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 pound cooked Cannellini beans
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill, plus sprigs for serving
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. ?Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon each ?salt and pepper. Cook, skin-side down, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the leeks and garlic to the Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the leeks are just tender, ?6 to 8 minutes. Add the broth and sour cream and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken, skin-side up, and simmer over medium-low heat until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest piece registers 165° F, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Stir the beans, peas, lemon juice, and chopped dill into the sauce and simmer until the beans are hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve topped with dill sprigs.