Microsoft Software Update Server

Well I do know how to waste time! Yesterday I thought I would install the SP1 version of Software Update Server. The installation did not go right for reasons I am still researching and the uninstall did not go write either. The research is complicated because the install runs the IIS Lockdown wizard and I had problems configuring it to work with ISA. When I finally got it to work I realized it was going to download over 1700+ updates. Gratefully, it failed before it went too far. I guess I am surprised it did not allow me a choice of how much I wanted to download. Since I am still a dialup user this server is not a good choice for me to prototype. It might be nice for a small business with a highspeed internet connection and a server with lots of space. I guess this another Microsoft work-in-progress.