Fortunately, Indepundit's summary reduces its essentials to simple language. Indepundit's post has deeper links and background, but let's recap the key points:
- We reject moral relativism, and we will fight for and actively promote freedom and liberty in the Islamic world.
- The friends of our enemies are also our enemies. If your regime is supporting terrorists, you're making yourself our enemy.
- We reserve the right to hit our enemies before they can strike us.
- We will not support, and may not even deal with, those who continue to support terrorism.
So far, so good. But we also need to add a 5th point…
- Terror-supporting nations must not be allowed to acquire atomic weapons, or to pursue threatening biological or chemical weapons programs. "Proliferators" who enable their programs must also be stopped.